- Scraps of fabric
- Any kind of dry beans
- Sewing machine or needle and thread
- Cut a rectangle of fabric.
- Fold it in half so that it makes two squares, with the attractive side of the material on the inside. The fold will be one edge of the bean bag.
- Using small stitches (by hand or machine), sew two of the other sides together, leaving the fourth and final side open.
- Turn your creation inside-out so that it looks like a pocket.
- Fill the pocket ¾ full of dried beans, corn, split peas, rice, etc.
- Sew the top shut.
Don't have time to make your own bean bags? You can also use socks.
Related blog posts:
20 Learning Games for When Mom or Dad is Exhausted
Making and Using HOOPS: Part 2